The Jaycee Organization
- Founded in 1919 to provide young adults the opportunity to serve as community leaders.
- Expanded to over 5000 chapters in all 50 states and in 29 foreign countries with 240,000 members in the United States alone.
- Mission is to provide management training through community involvement.
- Single largest leadership training organization.
The Aiken Jaycees
- Chartered in 1939
- Contribution to quality of life in Aiken and surrounding areas through community service
- Began The Western Carolina State Fair: Utilizing its over 50 acre exhibition area and 15,000 square foot exhibit building. It was the Chapters largest Ways and Means project.
- Aiken Trials: The first leg of the Aiken Triple Crown in co-sponsorship with the Aiken Training Track.
- Underprivileged Children Shopping Tour: Activity is usually a back to school shopping and Christmas project which is coordinated with area social service agencies to help children in the Aiken Jaycee community service area.
Pride in Our Achievements
The Aiken Jaycees conduct community service projects each year, such as SC Camp Hope, Adopt-A-Highway, Valentine’s Carnations for a nursing home, and Easter baskets for underprivileged children.