Be creative. Make someone watching remember. The parade will be televised live onWJBF News Channel 6 and The Aiken Standard's, ASTV this year. Entry admission will be $20 and MUST be sent in with registration form.
Make all checks payable to The Aiken Jaycees. If you are not registered you will not be included in the lineup. No exceptions!
Will your entry have music: Yes ____ No ____
Do you wish to participate in the entry competition: Yes ____ No ____
If so, please specify category of entry:
Other (specify) ____________
All entries Must give a brief description of your entry for the news station and Judging:
The Aiken Jaycees will notify each entrant of lineup location and entry positions prior to the parade. Please see attached page for rules.
Deadline for entry is Monday, December 1st, 2012. If you have any questions, please call 644-3008 and leave a message. Complete applications should be sent by mail.
Mail to: The Aiken Jaycees, P.O. Box 707, Aiken, SC 29802
Per City of Aiken Ordinance: Candy/literature cannot be thrown or passed out during parade. Aiken Public Safety will strictly enforce this ordinance. You may be given a ticket and/or removed from the parade. The Aiken Jaycees support the City of Aiken.
** Tips for entering judging:
1. Make sure your entry expresses the theme of the parade
2. Make sure your entry represents the category in which you entered
3. Display your entry name clearly for all to see
4. Have fun
Rules to be an entrant for the Aiken Jaycees Christmas Parade:
1.All entrants must display name, organization, or school on entry.
2.All entries must register. Unregistered entries will not be added the day of the parade.
3.Work trucks or vans are permitted only if pulling a parade float.
4. Per City of Aiken Ordinance: Candy/literature cannot be thrown or passed out during parade. Aiken public Safety will strictly enforce this ordinance. You may be given a ticket and/or removed from the parade. The Aiken Jaycees support the City of Aiken.
5. There will be no entries that are not decorated. A large bow or wreath DOES
NOT mean your entry is decorated. If you need clarification you may call us.
6. There will be no selling items from your floats before or during the parade. If you
sell items from your float, you must do it outside the parade zone and preferably
after the parade has ended.
7. Any persons jumping off or on an entry once moving will be removed from the parade. This is for the safety of everyone in the parade. This has been an increasing issue and will not be tolerated this year.
Sign Here… Date…
Entrants Signature and Date Acknowledges all rules have been read and Entrants
have notified all participants of Rules and Rules will be followed. Entrants
understand failure to follow rules may result in being removed from parade.
Please contact us with any questions, concerns or clarification.
We look forward to seeing you in the parade and appreciate your continued